Providing homemade & heartwarming treats made with love.

Providing homemade & heartwarming treats made with love.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Celebration Bakes



My boyfriend's dad is dating this amazing lady named Rhea & Monday was her birthday! She said she 'didn't want anything' for her big day, as it 'wasn't a big deal'. So naturally, I forced baked goods upon her, saying it had to be done. After all, a birthday's a birthday! So strawberry shortcakes were just the ticket. I went to the market and bought a few quarts of fresh, sweet strawberries, made some baked biscuits with cinnamon and sugar topping and a fresh vanilla whipped cream. They were dynamite!

Also, yesterday was the first ever Beach Tea Party in Old Saybrook. A few friends and I made a spread for the sand of lemon iced tea, sliced apples, fresh berries & grapes, crackers & cheese and a bowl of homemade trail mix. For our dessert craving, we had chocolate brownies I put together that afternoon with peanut butter swirl on top and extra chocolate chips. Sinful. But so good!

In other news, I start the wedding cake tomorrow. I don't now whether to be excited or frightened! I'm sure it'll be perfectly sweet & work out just fine. Wish me luck! :)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your wedding cake! Please post pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure will! Thanks, Julie! :)

    Lauren Elise
    {Crumb} Petit Bakery

    ReplyDelete